Saturday, February 01, 2014

Darts 2013/2014 - 2nd Half - Kensington Pub (home)

Darts-2014 2nd Half Commentary

SUMMARY

after an 8 week layoff we are back for the second half...and we welcome back Matt who is no longer working nights....normally we stink after a bye week...but after 8 weeks off boy did the rust show...I'm thinking I could have picked any random 5 people out of the crowd and they could have shot as bad as some of you so called veterans...I think I might have to retire my glasses already because now actually seeing how bad some of you shoot gives me nightmares...we had 4 shooters under a 40 average and 1 shooter under a 41 average...I mean WTF...I don't know how you guys feel about that but I'm embarrassed for you...let's put that into some perspective...between 5 of you (and you know who you are) you had 38 shots over a 40  (and only 1 was a ton) ...and 62 shots under a 40 (and 10 of them were under a 20)... I guess darts isn't like riding a bike...plus we had 4 shooters with 0 wins this week...I don't know what this new trend of not winning any games during the week is...but I don't like it one bit...I mean Matt played what one week last half and he comes back this week and has a higher average than 4 of our long term shooters...don't want to see any tears when I put the new guy in because you are sucking balls...you guys definitely aren't playing up to your potential...we can't wait till the playoffs to start shooting good...let's start to getting some consistency back into your games...

THE STATS

FINES (TEAM 15)
(0-1) John (0) Jeff (0) Andy/Ted (1 under 20) Matt (1 C-rule)
(2)        
(3-7) Ed (3 under 20's)      
(11) Jr (4 under 20's, 3 C-rules, 2 squats in cricket)      

at least if you are going to suck start owing some fines...Jr is this week's winner of the "Prestigious Skippy Award" with 9 fines...which was more than the remaining 6 shooters combined...

'01 AVERAGE (TEAM 43.20)
(>=55) Jeff (59.78)    
(45-54) John (49.71)    
(40-45) Matt (40.89)    
(<40) Ed (37.11) Ted (37.06) Andy (36.52) / Jr (36.27)

we missed our goal of a 50 average with a measly 43.20 team average....4 shooters under a 40 average...absolutely horrible...

% OF SHOTS OVER 40 (TEAM 51.35%)
(>=80%) Jeff (95.65%)      
(67-79%)        
(51-67%) John (64.00%) Matt (56.25%)    
(<=50%) Ed (41.67%) Jr (33.33%) Andy (33.33%) Ted (28.57%)

Jeff had over 95% or only 1 shot under a 40....4 shooters under 50% and 3 of them were 33.33%....which means for every 3 rounds you only hit over 40 1x....I'm thinking you guys have to stop shooting for triples...try and hit the fat single...don't know how many times I have to say this but you only need to hit 2 fat singles at what you are aiming at to get over a 40 every round....it's not that hard....

TONS (TEAM 2)
(>=3)      
(1-2) Jr (1) Jeff (1)  
(0) Ed / John / Andy / Ted / Matt (0)   "NOT IN THE MOOD TO CHUCK TRIPLE DIGIT SCORES"

only 2 tons...that's horrible...I blame myself...well after further review I blame it on you 5 shooters who didn't hit a ton at all...Ed, John, Andy, Ted and Matt all weren't "in the mood" this week...

HIGH SCORE (TEAM 100)
(>100)        
(100) Jr (100) Jeff (100)    
(75-99) John (97) Andy (83) Ed (81) Matt (79)
(<75) Ted (62)      

remember when Ted was bragging he shot a 62, 58, 60...well unfortunately (for him) that was his high score of the night...

LOW GAME AVERAGE (TEAM 31.77)
(>=50)        
(40-49) Jeff (45.00)      
(30-39) John (36.75) Ed (33.50) Matt (33.00) Andy (31.00)
(<30) Jr (28.50) Ted (24.40)    

4 shooters in the 30's..2 shooters in the 20's...

SINGLE DIGIT SCORES (TEAM 3)
(0) John Andy Jeff Matt  
(1) Ed (1) Jr (1) Ted (1)    
(>1)          

3 shooters with single digit scores...

DOUBLE INS (TEAM 8di / 4mi / 66.67%)
(>=75%) Jeff (4di / 0mi / 100.00%) Matt (1di / 0mi / 100.00%)    
(50-75%) Jr (2di / 1mi / 66.67%) Ed (1di / 1mi / 50.00%)    
(1-49%)        
(0%) Ted (0di / 2mi / 0.00%)      

Finally something we did good in....only 4 missed ins...very good job...well except for "put me first" Ted who went 0-2 in another experiment gone wrong...

DOUBLE OUTS (TEAM 5do / 11mo / 31.25%)
(>=2) Andy (2do / 2mo / 50.00%) Jeff (2do / 2mo / 50.00%)    
(1) John (1do / 1mo / 50.00%)      
(0) Ed (0do / 2mo / 0.00%) Jr (0do / 1mo / 0.00%) Ted (0do / 1mo / 0.00%) Matt (0do / 2mo / 0.00%)

good to see Andy getting some double outs early in the season...

CRICKET AVERAGE (TEAM 1.75)
(>=2.50) Jeff (2.83)    
(2.00-2.49) Andy (2.20)    
(1.50-1.99) Ed (1.89) John (1.60) Jr (1.50)
(<1.50) Ted (1.13)    

2 shooters over a 2.0...

>=3 MARK CRICKET ROUNDS (TEAM 23.08%)
(>=50%) Jeff (50.00%)    
(30-49%) Jr (33.33%)    
(1-29%) Ed (22.22%) John (20.00%) Andy (20.00%)
(0%) Ted (0.00%)    

gotta start hitting more marks per round...

0 MARK CRICKET ROUNDS (TEAM 5)
(0) Andy (0) Jeff (0)    
(0 except 1 at Cork) John (1 at cork) Ted (1 at cork) Ed (1 at cork)  
(1-2) Jr (2)      
(>=3)        

2 real squat shots this week...3 more squats at cork...only Jr started their game with a squat...

WIN PERCENTAGE (TEAM 40.00%)
(>=67%) John (85.71%) Jeff (85.71%) Andy (83.33%)  
(50-66%)        
(26-49%)        
(<=25%) Ed (0.00%) Jr (0.00%) Ted (0.00%) Matt (0.00%)

4 shooters with a 0.00% win rate...not very good...

TOTALS FOR WEEK #1
  Ed John Jr Andy Jeff Ted Skippy Matt
0 3 0 5 10 1 0 3
2 3 4 1 3 1 0 0
6 5 3 3 0 1 0 4
5 1 6 3 0 10 0 3
POWER RANKINGS -14 2 -11 2 23 -18 0 -4

3 shooters in positive....4 shooters in negative

1ST HALF YTD TOTALS
  Ed John Jr Andy Jeff Ted Skippy Matt/Big Mike
0 3 0 5 10 1 0 3
2 3 4 1 3 1 0 0
6 5 3 3 0 1 0 4
5 1 6 3 0 10 0 3
POWER RANKINGS -14 2 -11 2 23 -18 0 -4

 

THE QUOTES & RECAP

801-1  --  Jr chucks a 13...Jr chucks a 6 and a C-rule...our 1st loss...

801-2  --  Jeff hits a ton...Jeff takes the game out...our 1st win...

501-1  --  Ted misses the in...after begging to go 1st...Jr gets in...Jr chucks a C-rule...our 2nd loss...

501-2  --  Jeff gets in with a 97...but our 3rd loss...

Cricket-1  --  Ed shoots 1, 2, 3, 2, 5, 2, 1, 1, 0...Ted shoots 2, 1, 1, 2, 0, 1, 1, 1 ...our 4th loss...

801-3  --  John bangs a nice 92 out...and did it fast and with only 2 darts...our 2nd win...

501-3  --  Ted and Jr miss the in...Matt gets in....but our 5th loss...

501-4 --  Jeff gets in...Andy chucks a 17...5 missed outs and Jeff takes the game out ...our 3rd win...

501-5  --  Ed misses the in...Jr gets in...Jr chucks a 13....our 6th loss...

Cricket-2  --  Jeff shoots 2, 2, 3, 4, 2, 4...Johnny shoots 1, 3, 2, 2, 0 ...our 4th win...

801-4  -- Ed chucks an 11....Matt chucks a C-rule...Jr chucks a 19 + C-rule...Jr hits a ton...Ed chucks an 11...our 7th loss...

501-6  --  Jeff gets in...Andy takes the game out....our 5th win...

501-7  --  Ed gets in...Ed chucks a 6...Ted chucks a 7...3 missed outs...our 8th loss....

501-8  --  Jeff gets in...Andy takes the game out...our 6th win...

Cricket-3  -- Jr shoots 0, 1, 3, 3, 0, 2...Andy shoots 1, 5, 2, 1, 2...our 9th loss...and we lose the night 6-9...

QUOTES

Ed --> it's the darts

John (re: Ted) --> I didn't think Skippy was here tonight...

Ed --> I'm glad I snuck that 81 in there...

Andy --> Jeff take the glasses off...

Jeff (after hitting 81) --> I think the 2nd one hit my glasses...

Andy (to Ed) --> I don't believe you read anything...

Jeff (to Matt) --> don't you miss this

Jr --> she's got fake face and fake boobs...of course it's good...

Andy --> I gotta see 36% porn...I'm so interested...

Andy --> only win so far tonight was when I was in...

Ed --> everyone makes playoffs... Andy --> we should play Ed and Matt more

Ed --> thank you for your try but upper management has decided to go in another direction...

Ed --> we don't have to peak till the playoffs...

Matt --> I bought the puppy so she wouldn't leave me...

Andy --> Ted is keeping score every game till he gets it right...

NEW RULE --> if you miss a week you pay the fines for the person who had to sub for you...EDITORIAL NOTE --> so Andy that mean +5 for you...and Ted that means +12 for you...I like our new rule....

NOTE:  if you want it in the blog just write it on the sheet...I don't discriminate...

CONCLUSION

after a disappointing 1st half....we come right back and suck it up to start the 2nd half...I don't care if everyone makes the playoffs...I would still like to start winning more games...I've come to the conclusion that for a bunch of people that are always in bars you haven't mastered the whole bar games thing...pick up the pace....going back to the tried and true rule:  "YOU SUCK ... YOU SIT"....don't want no crying, bitching, moaning...next week we are home against Hemmingways....and I'm thinking if you don't shoot good Johnny might just punch you in the face....

YTD Leaders

Average - Jeff (59.78); High Score - Jeff/Jr (100); Tons - Jr (1 @@ 4.76%) / Jeff (1 @ 4.35%); % of shots over 40 - Jeff (95.65%); Double Ins - Jeff (4 @ 100.00%) / Matt (1 @ 100.00%); Double Outs - Andy (2 @ 50.00%) / Jeff (2 @ 50.00%) / John (1 @ 50.00%)...

Cricket Average - Jeff (2.83); >=3-mark rounds - Jeff (3 @ 50.00%); Overall win % - John/Jeff (85.71%); Fines (low) - John/Jeff (0)...

 

And by popular demand...other people wanted to see their names too...so I guess the only way to do that is put up a YTD Loser Leader section...unfortunately I don't think you want to be on this list...

YTD LOSER Leaders

Low Average - Jr (36.27); Low Score - Ed/Jr (6); % of shots under 40 - Ted (71.43%); Missed Ins - Ted (2 @ 100.00%); Missed Outs - Ed (2 @ 100.00%)/Matt (2 @ 100.00%) / Jr (1 @ 100.00%) / Ted (1 @ 100.00%)...

Low Cricket Average - Ted (1.13); 0-mark rounds - Jr (2 @ 33.33%); Overall Losing % - Ed/Jr/Ted/Matt (100.00%); Fines (high) - Jr (9)...

No comments: