Friday, March 16, 2007

Darts 2007 - 2nd Half - Week 8 - Shore Road (away)

SUMMARY

and for the third week in a row we hit double digit wins...we won 11-4...I'm not sure how we are doing it because I think we're still not playing at our potential...but as a team we are clicking...and there is one little loud man starting to show his potential...all this reporter can say is WOW!!! ANDY IS GOOD!!!! ...finally someone wanted to challenge me for the outs and what a challenge it has been....the little guy chucked 4 (yes 4...that's no typo) outs last night to take a commanding 3 out lead over yours truly.....All I have to say the past years have been Ed's fault...he "stifled" Andy and his progress....thank goodness I took him under my wing and gave him the number of games to show off his potential (oh wait I HAD to play him 7 times a night...haha)....Also Johnny and Jr are now members of the double digit outs club...good job...

THE LOW LIGHTS

holy "dolla bills" batman....we had 23 in fines last night...and 7 of them were in the first game alone...we had 2 players (Ed and Ted) tie for the prestigious "Skippy Award" with 7 in fines each......let me say that again....yes "7" in fines each...I think the way these fines are flying I'll be eating some filet mignon at the end of the year....let's look at how they accumulated so many fines...Ed had 3 under 20's, 1 C-rule, 2 missed outs and 1 squat shot in cricket....Ted had 2 under 20's, 2 missed outs and an embarrassing 3 squat shots in cricket....on the bright side he didn't throw any C-rules...ughghghggh.....Jr was very closely behind with 6 in fines...1 under 20, 2 missed outs, and 3 squat shots in cricket....wait we had 2 players with 3 squat shots each in cricket....that's horrible....Johnny had 2 in fines and Jeff had 1 fine.....Andy didn't owe anything...good job kid....

we had 2 shooters under a 45 average this week....Johnny just barely missed the mark for the 2nd week in a row with only a 44.00 average....Ed had the low average of the night with a 43.28....

so my new favorite stat...the "under the covers" stat....if we look under the covers once again we see that everyone (except Jeff) had at least 1 game average under a 40....and this week we had 3 players with at least 1 game in the 20's....Ed (29.50), Johnny (28.67) and Andy (28.33) had a game average in the 20's....guys that's not very good....Jr (33.00) and Ted (36.50) rounded out the under 40 low game averages......We gotta start focusing on averaging over a 40 each game at a minimum...and we can't be throwing games in the 20's at all...also if we look even closer we can see that 38.41% of our shots were under a 40...better than last week...but don't let that fool you...yours truly had a very impressive 18.18% and Teddy shot a very nice 29.17%....everyone else was still over 44%....I think we have to strive for that percentage to be closer to 20-25%....let's see how that breaks down by player...now remember a higher percentage is BAD!!!!....Ed (44.00%), Johnny (45.45%), Jr (48.00%), Andy (45.00%)...let's work to get these under 25%.....or at a minimum under 33%...let's work on hitting higher numbers more consistently...

We stayed at 2 under 9's this week....Jr had a 5 and Ed had a 7....

Another decent week at the ins....only 4 missed ins....Jeff missed 2....Ed missed 1 and Jr missed 1....

Once again very inconsistent on the out shots this week....we had 28 missed outs....that's wayyyyyy too many....Jr led the way with 8 missed outs....Ed missed 7, Ted missed 6, Johnny missed 3, Jeff and Andy missed 2 each...missing that many outs will hurt come playoff time when teams always seem to step it up...focus on the outs...

We had 3 shooters under a 2.0 average last night...Ted shot a pathetic 0.75....followed closely by Jr's horrid 1.00 ....Jeff rounds off the under 2.0 scores with a personal tragedy of a 1.43 average....how the f' does that happen...I shot 3.40 average the past 2 weeks....ughghghghgh....I hate sucking in cricket...fortunately it didn't hurt us and we won our game....we had a collective 8 squat shots in cricket....that's unacceptable...start killing the cricket numbers or you'll be riding the pine...

Everyone finished the night over a 50% win rate....great job....

THE HIGH LIGHTS

We fell short of a 50.00 team average for the 4th week in a row....we had a 47.99....Jeff led the way with a 58.50 average....Andy who was hot and cold at the averages last night had a 48.44 average...Ted had a 48.14 average....and Jr rounds out the over 45 club with a 45.60 average....

we only had 7 tons again this week...Jeff led the way with 4....Johnny, Andy and Ted had 1 each....Johnny and Andy made theirs count with very nice 133 each...Ed and Jr took the night off from hitting tons...get back to it next week boys...

It wasn't an 8 for 8 night....but 8 for 12 is still respectable....Ed led the way with 3 double ins....Jeff and Johnny each had 2 double ins....Ted had the final double in...Andy didn't even get a shot at the ins....

Andy "Mr. Out" Curran continues his hot streak at the double outs...he banged out a very impressive 4 double outs last night which catapulted him into the lead for the half with 14 double outs for the half...Jr had 2 double outs.....Ed, Johnny and Ted each had 1 double out....and for some reason I didn't have any outs.....I "sucky sucky".....I think I'm saving up my outs production for the playoffs....stay hot guys....I like that we spread out the outs this half ....but on the not so good side we still had 28 missed outs which translates into only a 24.32% double out rate....we will have to do better than that in the playoffs...but still a great job spreading the outs around...

As a team we shot a very unimpressive 1.60 cricket average....but we still won 2 cricket games....Andy led the way with a 2.25 average....Johnny had a 2.14 average and Ed had a 2.0 average....good averages guys....I think we need to maintain over 2.0 averages to be successful in cricket...

Ed and Andy led the way with 3 >=3-mark rounds...Jeff and Johnny had 2 >=3-mark rounds....I guess Jr and Ted weren't "in the mood" to shoot good at cricket last night....

Jeff, John, Andy led the night with a 85.71% win rate....Jr had a 71.43% win rate...Ted and Ed had a 57.14% win rate....wins are the key...great job....

YTD Leaders

Average - Jeff (60.31); High Score - Jeff (152); Tons - Jeff (23 @ 12.92%); Double Ins - Jeff (21 @ 55.26%) ; Double Outs - Andy (14 @ 38.89%)...

Cricket Average - Jeff (2.51); >=3-mark rounds - Jeff (22 @ 43.14%); Overall win % - Jeff/Johnny (75.00%); Fines (low) - Jeff (16)

CONCLUSION

3 weeks straight of double digit wins makes me very happy...in the end it's about wins not how we got them...and thank goodness for that because we winning in spite of ourselves...in the past 2 weeks we missed 58 out shouts....ouchhhhh......and our team average has been slipping...but nonetheless we keep winning...imagine if we tighten up our holes and shoot even better...we'd be unstoppable....but holy crap we have 4 people with double digits outs for the half and we still have 2 weeks to go....Andy (14), Jeff (11), Johnny (10), Jr (10), Ed (7) and Ted (6).... I gotta start stepping my game up...I want ALL the titles....nobody is going to catch me in average, cricket average, tons, etc....I WANT my outs title back...I'm coming for you Curran!!!!!

The next two weeks we play at home....next week we play Tom's Sportsman....they are solidly in 3rd place....and the final week of the season we play Daddy O's who is in 2nd place....we need to use these two weeks as warm ups for the playoffs....let's continue on with the things we are doing good...and work to be even better on the areas we need to improve on...let's keep up our winning ways well into the playoffs....have a great week....

No comments: