Friday, October 05, 2007

Darts 2008 - 1st Half - Week 2 - Drews (away)

SUMMARY

woohoo...for the 2nd week in a row we post double digit wins...at times it doesn't even feel like individuals are shooting that well...I think the bar, lighting, board weren't that great and may have caused some of the issues....but as a team we always seem to find a way to get things done...we certainly had a mixed bag of good and bad last night...some of the impressive highlights came from yours truly...NoocH "The Power" was all over the place this week...not very consistent but shot some great darts at times....I posted our teams first 180 for the year....you could hear the commentator with the English accent from across the room screaming one hundred and eeeeeeiiiiiggggggghhhhhtttttyyyyy...and I nailed a 117 out (after hitting a 140 the round before)....and to cap it off I finished the night with a very impressive 4.25 cricket average where Johnny and I put a hurting on the other team....then on the other side of things we have Ed "I can only hit outs" Roccia....I don't have enough room in the summary to post the mess of a night he had....don't worry though there will be plenty of room in the lowlights for Edward....and of course we can't forget about Andy "the poppin cherries STUD"...he had all new milestones this week...he had his first in, out and ton...you go little loud guy...overall a very nice team week...people stepping up when it's needed is what makes a good team...

THE LOW LIGHTS

"dolla bills" were better than last week with 19 in fines...Ed stood out this week with a very shocking 8 fines to claim the prestigious "Skippy Award" ....Under 20's were in abundance again last night with the following suspects: Ed (3), Johnny (2), Ted (2), Andy/Jeff/Jr (1 each)...we also had 3 C-rules: Ed, Johnny and Ted....we did much better with the missed ins and only collected a total of 3 in fines from the "B" team Ed, Jr, and Ted....and how the hell can we forget about that mess of a game Eddie shot in cricket....which was capped off with 3 squat shots...I haven't seen shooting that bad since Skippy was on the team....

Holy crap...Ed posted a nauseating 34.94 average...you might start think about splashing until you get to the outs....Jr rounded out the under 45 club this week with a 42.01 average...I think we "re"-figured out Jr...he can't show up until 8pm so we get some sober shooting out of him....

so my new favorite stat...the "under the covers" stat....if we look under the covers once again we see that EVERYONE had at least 1 game average under a 40....and this week we had 2 players with at least 1 game in the 20's....Ed (24.00) and Johnny (28.33)....The other under 40's were....Jeff (30.67), Ted (32.75), Jr (33.75), and Andy (39.67)....We gotta start focusing on averaging over a 40 each game at a minimum...and we can't be throwing games in the 20's at all...also if we look even closer we can see that a horrid 41.01% of our shots were under a 40...that number has to be in the 20% range....Everyone shot over 30% which isn't good at all....and the one that stand out the worst is Ed "I don't want to see the under the covers because it's dark" Roccia shot an awful 64.00% of his shots under a 40....oh my....that's not very good at all....how about a little focus ex-captain...Johnny was also in the "UGLY" category with 45.45% of his shots under a 40.....Jr was borderline bad with 38.46%....and the rest of us were decent at best...Jeff (33.33%), Ted (32.00%) and Andy (30.00%)....let's shoot to get those percentages into the 20's or lower....Ed this stat is like golf....the lower the better....

we had 2 under 9's this week...Jr and Ted....let's stop the under 9's...they can hurt us...

great improvement on the in shots with only 6 missed ins...that's great stuff...Ed led the way with 2 missed ins....everyone else (except Andy) had 1 missed in....lets stay focused on those in shots...a lot of times it can separate a win from a loss...

Still had a bunch of missed outs (14)...they were spread out though....Andy led the way with 4 missed outs, Jeff and Johnny each had 3 missed outs...Jr had 2...Ed and Ted each had 1 missed out....

Ted (1.80) and Ed (1.00) were our under a 2.0 average shooters last night...a 1.00 average???? that's not like you Ed...pick up the pace...

Ed and Ted finished the night with only a 42.86% win rate...not close to that 100% you had last week...consistency boys...make it part of your game...

THE HIGH LIGHTS

we just missed a 50 team average finishing the night with a team average of 49.54....I guess if Ed didn't shoot under a 35 average we'd be sitting over 50 as a team...way to bring us down dark covers boy....well once again yours truly led the pack with a very impressive 69.34 average...I started out slow and had some rough spots along the way...but 5 tons (including a 180, 140, 117) always seem to help the cause...hopefully I can continue to shoot like this all year....Andy improved his game from last week and shot a very nice 53.37 average...Teddy had another good night with a 51.98 average...if he could eliminate those under 20's and C-rules he would have even a better average...Johnny rounds out the over 45 club with a 45.62....

we only had half the tons of last weeks awesome performance....we finished the night with 8 tons...yours truly banged out 5 of those tons...and as previously stated I had a couple big ones...180, 140 and 117 (which was also an out shot)....I had 2 games with an average over 100...with my highest game being a 128.50...not too shabby....Andy, Johnny and Ted each had a ton....great job....love those tons guys...

we did a great job at the in shots last night...we were 57.14% at double ins last night...Jeff and Ed led the way with 3 each...Jr and Andy each had 1 in shot....shooting over 50% at the ins is a great job...keep up the good work...

we spread the out shots around last night....and we did it by shooting at a 36.36% double out rate...Ed and Johnny continue to be consistent banging the outs....Ed, Jeff and Johnny each had 2 outs...Andy and Ted each had 1 out....Jeff banged out an impressive 117 out....good job spreading around the outs....

we shot a team cricket average of 2.33...That's a great team average...imagine if Ed did better than his pathetic 1.0....thanks for helping the cause....ughghghgh....Jeff led the way with a phenomenal 4.25 average...Jr shot a great 2.67 average....Johnny shot a 2.25 average and Andy shot a 2.0....great shooting guys...the teams that shot over a 2.0 won and the teams that shot under a 2.0 lost...it's simple math...make some shots and you will win....

Jeff and Jr led the way with 4 >=3-mark rounds...yours truly posted a staggering 100% >=3-mark round percentage and Jr shot at a 66.67% rate...and one of my rounds was a game turning 7-mark round....Andy had 2 >=3-mark rounds....and Ted and Johnny had 1 >=3-mark rounds each...I love the high marks in cricket...great job....

Johnny, Andy and Jeff led the night with an 85.71% win rate....Jr had a 57.14% win rate...keep those wins coming....I love double digit wins...

YTD Leaders

Average - Jeff (71.43); High Score - Jeff (180); Tons - Jeff (12 @ 28.57%); Double Ins - Jeff (6 @ 60.00%); Double Outs - Ed(6 @ 50.00%)...

Cricket Average - Jeff (3.29); >=3-mark rounds - Jeff/Ed (7 @ 70.00%); Overall win % - Jeff/Johnny (78.57%); Fines (low) - Jeff (4)

CONCLUSION

what can I say besides I love double digit wins...we play very well as a team when we have the 6 of us...if we can get a little more consistency we should be unstoppable...when people aren't hitting high numbers they are taking games out...everyone is doing their part...let's keep it that way....we're home next week against Polonia club....let's keep having fun....

2 comments:

johndlugo said...

Great 180 jeff. It is about time...Did I mention I never want to see the inside of that bar again. 2 showers later and I still smell smoke.

TheNoocH said...

you're right it's about time...a lot of 140's but the 180 has eluded me the past few seasons...hopefully there will be more to come...

yes that bar is not on my list to go back to....